My career as Richard Simmons has come to an end. Yesterday was my last shift at Curves and it was very hard to say goodbye to my ladies. They cried, I cried, everyone cried. I got loads of hugs and kisses, well wishes and phone numbers. I'm just sorry that I didn't get to see some of my favorite friends because it all happened so fast. Yesterday I was employed and today I'm not.
I am going to take my time in finding another job. I'm not going to take something that is not perfect for me. Curves was fun but it definitely not perfect. Working until 8:00pm was horrible. I missed seeing Pat when he got home from work and eating dinner at 9:00pm most nights and then going to bed was terrible. That is a sure way to gain weight and in the 18 months that I worked at Curves I gained 15 pounds. When I took the job I thought "oh, this is going to be great. I'll get lots of exercise" but in reality I didn't. I did lots of standing around, talking and watching other people work out. I guess I lost myself and became a Curves puppet. I allowed myself to be taken advantage of and treated badly by people who had no right to treat me that way. I started feeling worthless and two inches tall. I'm over that now.
I am back to working on myself to be the best person I can possibly be. My eating has improved by leaps and bounds since I made the decision to leave Curves and have taken on Ang's summer challenge. I had an experience this morning that I haven't had in years. I got on the scale and the number was so unbelievable that I jumped off and got back on to make sure the scale wasn't wrong the first time but the number was there the second time too. 150. Is it really possible that I lost 5.5 pounds in such a short period with only weight lifting and yoga for exercise? I guess it is.
Once my foot pain calms down (if it ever does) I am going to go back to my daily power walks. I always felt great walking outside listening to Paul (The Beatles) or disco or Cat Stevens. I definitely miss it. That's for sure. In the meantime, I will continue yoga, toning and may even, dare I say it?, do one of Richard's tapes from chair. I'm hoping that now that I'm not standing for 5 hours a night my foot will start feeling better but in the meantime I am going to do the best that I can. You know, the F***ing Agreement. Do the best you can with what you have.
Well, the Curves door has closed and I'm excited to see which door will open next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi--
I found your blog from the comment you left of Ang's site about the woman in the grocery store in the motorized cart. . .
You struck me because you said you had "the answer."
Will you tell me what it is?
My offer still stands I can go beat her up..
I love you and know that an opportunity will open up very soon for you.
thank you for being a mentor and friend to me and doing this challenge along side of me
((((((((((Claudia))))))))))))! Give yourself a break. Take a week or two to relax, enjoy being with Pat, catch up on whatever needs catching up and rest your foot before you go job hunting.
Wish I had the extra bucks to fly you up to see me for a few days--but then I forgot I don't have a spare bedroom right now. But soon.
Believe me, that new door WILL open for you. I guarantee it!
Vennie
Hi 45+ and Aspiring,
I do have the answer...for me. It's the old story. Daily exercise, portion control and positive motivation. Basically, Richard Simmons' program. Yes, I know it's nothing profound but it is the only thing that really works. I lost 95 pounds and have pretty much kept it off for 16 years.
Thanks for reading my blog.
I work nights 8p.m.-4a.m., I know how tough it can be. Gaining weight while working at curves, interesting, but I see why. I hope you find a better job.
Sometimes working on yourself is the most important thing.
Post a Comment