Sunday, October 17, 2010

Things are looking up!!

I am feeling much better than I was when I wrote the August 31 post. I have stopped the "self destructive behavior" that I wrote about and I am very proud of myself. I'm still being challenged in other parts of life but I can say that I have stopped the aforementioned behavior and I feel VERY good about that. Yay! Go me!!!

We just got back from visiting Kerry at Notre Dame and what a wonderful time we had. We are so proud of her. She has found the group of people she is comfortable with and has also found a lab that she loves. Her new advisor is friends with her UF mentors and seems to love her. He is sending her to EUROPE to collect samples. EUROPE!!! We are hoping that I can save enough money to meet her in England and finally get to go to Paul's house, stand outside and cry. LOL. Yes, we are so proud of her but also in awe of her. I am sure she is going to change the world. She has already changed mine.

The Notre Dame football game that we went to was so much fun. We won. Well, the Irish won, the Gators lost and we had to sit in a sports bar with drunken LSU fans in order to see the game. It was a heart breaker.

The leaves on the trees were changing with so many gorgeous colors. Orange, yellow, red, green and brown. The campus trees were exploding with different colors. It really is a gorgeous campus. It's like going to school in a museum. I miss fall. I guess I miss it because it was so beautiful but the temperatures were in the 80's. It's probably harder to deal with when the cold sets in. I think I may go up during WINTER for a weekend. You know, just a quickie.

Now I'm getting ready for my trip to LA. I leave on Wednesday for Laura's wedding reception. I am staying at her new house and I am so looking forward to this. I always love my trips to LA. We are going to go to 2 of Richard's classes (oy vey), a yoga class and help with Laura's reception. Beth and Ang are also going to be staying with Laura. Such fun. I can't wait.

So as you can see, things are looking up. Yay!

No comments: